Default No golf today

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 13:55:19 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 13:43:35 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:34:00 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:30:12 -0500,
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 10:42:03 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 06:05:46 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Mr. Luddite
"Heh. Â*That's what they all say. Â*I think you've caught two-foot-itist" Â* :-) "

I was lusting over the 185 model but I would have had to climb up over it everytime I needed to move the lawnmower to the front or go back to my sheds. Darn neighbours installed railway tie type planter boxes right to to their edge...then they got assigned to the west coast ( Navy). Now we hear they will probably list this
spring, although the market is somewhat soft. There are some reasonably priced boatclubs in the extended area but I don't feel like driving 60 miles every time I want to see or use the boat.

That last was the big reason I got rid of mine. It got to where it would take over an
hour to get it and at least the same to return it to storage. Damn I-95!

I wouldn't use my boat or even have one if it was on a trailer

I had one in Md that just rotted in the yard.
The nearest marina was Ft Washington, then it was either Port Tobacco
or over on the bay and it was not enough boat for the bay.

On a trailer isn't bad at all if the trailer is handy. Hooking up is a two minute
job, and with a boat that size, trailer maintenance is very easy.

It still adds a couple hours to a simple boat ride. It takes us as
long to pack the cooler as it does to get the boat in the water and
coming back is about the same. The most time consuming thing might be
unloading the trash we pick up.
Last evening we got a bait aerator made from 2 Rough Neck 30 gallon
trash cans. It was floating down the river and we now have a couple
neighbors trying to decide who gets it.

Yeah, I can see it adding an hour or so, depending on the wait at the launch ramp
both ways. But then again, having it by the house makes cleaning and maintenance much
easier.

The boat is right out back and If I do need it on the hard, our
community ramp is 700 feet away.