Peter

Default ABS Royalex Royalite durability question (age)

Doug Braxton wrote:
lid wrote in message . ..

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:38:21 GMT, GaryJ wrote:

If I'd had a clue, I'd have popped a tarp over it
on a frame, but by the time I knew about sun, it'd gone so many years
so well that I just let it be.

Tarps are never a good idea over Oltanar / Royalex, even if on a
frame. They act like an oven and can separate the layers of ABS.

Better just to leave it in full sun

I'm presuming the frame would be designed to allow air to circulate
under the tarp in which case it's hard to see how the covering could be
harmful. My skin sure feels a lot cooler and more comfortable under a
tarp when on a hot beach without other source of shade and I'd expect
the skin of my canoe or kayak to also stay cooler and UV-protected.