True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default No golf today

On Monday, 15 February 2016 18:58:52 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/15/2016 5:48 PM, True North wrote:

I'd hate for you to get the wrong ferry and head off for the wrong city. That drive to St John's is long and a bit monotonous...mostly nothing but trees and the odd moose trying to share the road.

Question for you:

I've heard "Newfoundland" pronounced two ways down here ...

The first is "New-fund-lin" with emphasis on "New".
The other is "New-found-land" (as it's spelled) with emphasis
on "found".

So, which is it?

Depending on the accent..
New-fin-land seems common here. The Newfies have their own dialect...left over from a lot of Irish influence but the townies in St Johns would sound different from the outlying fishing areas.