John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default No golf today

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:52:06 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:22:38 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 06:04:08 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Justan Olphart
"But for a teensy weensy ribbon of terra firma you would be completely
surrounded by water. Aint that so?"

I've stated many times that I live on a peninsula..attached to a larger peninsula..that is itself attached to a bigger peninsula again. (province). Roughly 18 miles keeps us from being separated from the common continentals.
You can think of us as a bit of Paradise at the end of the road.

One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun.

http://tinyurl.com/juhmeno

===

Even better, there's a ferry service from Portland, Maine to Yarmouth,
Nova Scotia:

http://www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/go/me/portland/trans/intl_fy_terminal.html

Portland would be an easy 2 day drive for you, 2nd night would be on
the ferry. No doubt reservations would be needed for an RV.

I went to the 'Make Reservations' site to see what the fare would be and found this:

"The Province of Nova Scotia has announced that our contract to provide the ferry
service between Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and Portland, Maine will not be renewed for the
2016 season. We would like to thank the people of Nova Scotia, our valued employees,
our tourism partners, suppliers and, most of all, our customers who enjoyed sailing
on Nova Star during the last two operating seasons. We sincerely appreciate your
support."

Oh well. I wouldn't have been interested in the overnight going, but the daytime
return might have been nice.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!