Keyser Söze Keyser Söze is offline

Default Really good android news reader/poster?

On 2/11/16 11:39 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:34:41 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Friend in Michigan insists on using an android device instead of a
proper mac device for just about everything, including posting to
usenet. I have a crappy bit of android usenet software on my tablet, but
it is nothing I would recommend.

Anyone know of a really top notch android news reader/poster who might
post the name and url of its source here so I can pass it along?

Thanks!

His google must be broken or you are just trolling

Of course Google points inward first
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewsgroup&hl=en

Here are reviews of other readers

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-news-...ndroid-5807863

https://usenetreviewz.com/best-usenet-clients/

http://android.newsgroupstats.hk/

We've both googled the subject and have come up with very little.

The first one on your list is the one I use occasionally on my android
tablet and it is also the one my friend uses. One of my friend's
complaints is that he has yet to discover a way to mark a bunch of new
posts that don't interest him "read" so they disappear from his listing
without having to go through them one at a time. The app sort of has a
feature that does this, but it only works sporadically. The app I use on
my iphone has the feature and it works properly, as does the full
Thunderbird app I mostly use on my desktop computer.

Feedly and several of the others seem more suited for bringing in RSS
feeds and all sorts of media that go beyond the needs of simply being
able to read and post to usenet.

Still looking for recommendations for my friend.