Tom Gibson

Default Statement on Spam and VoteNader.org

(Kenny McCormack) wrote in message ...
[snip]
Well, when you get right down to it, why not just require that everybody
vote for A or B. Simply disallow 3rd party votes, and you won't need
"runoffs".

Great idea. Then we can just get rid of B and we'll have the perfect
system! Just like those poor *******s in North Korea, China and Cuba!
Yippee! Didn't Saddam Hussein get 100% of the popular vote in Iraq
not too long ago? You see how well that worked out...

I'd prefer two or even four strong 'third parties' that would
basically force congress into coalition blocks--kind of like most of
Europe. However, most of Europe is ethnically homogenous--unlike the
USA. I fear that a truly multi-party system in the US would divide
the nation among socio-economic lines even more than the current
two-party sytem already does.