Howard

Default Statement on Spam and VoteNader.org

Fix the election System, Don't Blame Nader
From http://www.systemsthinker.com/writin...amenader.shtml

The "spoiler" issue is actually a flaw in our election system, and we
don't have to put up with it. We can fix that problem. We are working
to do just that in Ferndale, Michigan through a system called Instant
Runoff Voting. It is used all over the world, is endorsed by John
McCain, Howard Dean, and USA Today, and would make sure there are
never spoilers again in American elections. For more information
visit, http://www.firv.org and http://www.fairvote.org/irv

Democrats and Republicans need to stop complaining about third parties
"spoiling" elections unless they are willing to support Instant Runoff
Voting to ensure it never happens again. If they won't support this
common sense reform, then there is really no alternative to third
parties but to continue having their voices heard by running anyways.
Imagine if as much energy was put into fixing the fundamental problem
in the election system as is put towards discouraging and vilifying
third party candidates who really represent the victims of the system
enforced by the two major parties themselves.

Also See: http://www.firv.org/pressreleases/naderirvpr22204.html

Detroit Free Press article in support of IRV due to Nader:
http://www.freep.com/news/politics/d...5_20040225.htm

Oakland Press article in support of IRV due to Nader:
http://www.fairvote.org/editorials/oakland.htm

For more of Ferndale for Instant Runoff Voting In The News see
http://www.firv.org/inthenews.html

George Cleveland wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 02:59:27 GMT, "Bob C in Idaho"
wrote:

If only 1000 of the 200,000 Democrats hadn't voted for Bush, your argument
would have some relevance within the context of the preceding post.

Bob C
Idahoan for Nader

You're equivocating.

g.c.