77clearly

Default Suggestion for River...

Hi,
I am looking for a river in the VA or NC area which would be suitable for a
weekend trip with one overnight and maybe up to about class II - III rapids
if in small doses.
My group, 5-10 of us, does a canoe/kayak trip annually and we're trying to
find a good river. We're looking for a river where we can access an
outfitter who will rent canoes and kayaks as well as transport back up river
for privately owned boats.
Someone in the group suggested the Nantahala, but I'm having a little
trouble finding an outfitter which rents canoes and kayaks (not the
inflatable type) on that river. (I just started my search).
Most of us are capable on the water, but I would definitely consider us all
novice at best. We're all very comfortable with wilderness and camping,
actually looking for a bit of an escape.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
RK