Marcos

Default Upper Animas First Descent: RFI

Someone mentioned Stohlquist's book. I don't know if this is a
picture of the Upper Animas on the cover, but the date of the book is
1982 (and that is the first edition). The book reviews the run from
Silverton down. It gives a harrowing account of no-name and of the
carry-out.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that the Upper A is not
in Earl Perry's book, Rivers of Colorado: Ten easy trips (1978). As
far as I know, there weren't any paddling guidebooks to Colorado
before Wheat, Stohlquist and Anderson. (Except of course for the
ignominious Earl Perry).
-Mark Chilton