Bill Tuthill

Default Upper Animas First Descent: RFI

In rec.boats.paddle.whitewater Wilko wrote:

1983. Sometime during this time, Bill Tuthill, of Colorado Springs,
climed out of the canyon with a dislocated shoulder. They had to walk
back in to get the boats and gear.

I wonder if this is the same Bill Tuthill that frequents RBP... I think
he now lives in California. He might be able to shed some light on this.

No, not the same guy.
This reminds me of a Maine joke, from an old Bert & I record.

Yesterday while lobsterin' we found a dead body floating around
in the kelp. Thought it might be John, the lighthouse keeper.
So we rowed out to the lighthouse and knocked on the door.

"What can I do for you?" John answered.
"We found a dead man in the kelp, and thought it might be you."
"Was he wearin' a red and black checked wool shirt?"
"Yup."
"And blue overalls?" John asked.
"Yup."
"Did he have on high boots or low boots?"
"Low boots."
"Are you sure?" John queried.
"Come to think of it, they were high boots turned down low."
"Oh then, 'tweren't me!"