Wilko

Default Upper Animas First Descent: RFI

(Crossposted from RBP.WW)

On 6 Jan 2004 09:58:03 -0800, (Ted Compton) wrote:
Anyone have info on who did the first descent? When? What equipment?
I wouldn't be surprised if one of you is out there listening right
now. Just interested for my own knowledge.

Dan Dunphy wrote:
Fletcher Anderson refers to this run (Siverton to Rockwood), in his
book, Rivers of the Southwest. My copy is 1982.

Doug Wheat took a 10 year sabattical to research his book, released in
1983, and had run it numerous times before we built boats in Apr/May
1983. Sometime during this time, Bill Tuthill, of Colorado Springs,
climed out of the canyon with a dislocated shoulder. They had to walk
back in to get the boats and gear.

I wonder if this is the same Bill Tuthill that frequents RBP... I think
he now lives in California. He might be able to shed some light on this.

Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a@t dse d.o.t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.
http://wilko.webzone.ru/