Randy Hodges

Default Middle Fork of the Salmon-- Indian Creek put-in air taxi service question

(Karen Maley) wrote in message . com...
I'm strategizing for a low-water, late season trip on the Middle Fork
of the Salmon (Idaho) and I'm wondering if anyone has experience
taking canoes to the Indian Creek airstrip. Several of my friends are
canoeists and I don't want to put them up to asking for this
late-season permit if it turns out their boats will not fit in the
airplane or will be charged a lot more because of the space they take
up. Since I haven't been there I don't know what size aircraft are
used, but I do know that inflatables are often easier to manage on
bush flights.

Any info is appreciated.

I don't know about the flight but here is an account of a late season
canoe trip of the whole river. Sounds doable to me.

http://home.comcast.net/~dltooley/

Randy