scottht

Default I must be nuts!!

Hi, I did basically the same. I bought a 17 year old SeaRay 21'. That
was well taken care of by a single owner. The boat came with all of the
original documentation including all of the installation manuals from
new assy. I don't have money to burn, but I do enjoy life. Someday
though, someday.

jps wrote:

They all look really big until you're using them. Then space always becomes
an issue (except for those who've already launched our children into the
world).

Most of us want a boat that's beyond our means. Nothing wrong with
dreaming. I've been lusting after a 50' Hatteras that's sitting across the
marina from me. It's a stunningly beautiful boat that can still be handled
by two. Way, way beyond my means.

I bought a 14 year old boat that had been really well maintained. It
represented the best balance of space, features and affordability I could
find at the time.

If you reconsider at any point, have a look at the used market. It broadens
the options greatly.

jps

"scottht" wrote in message
Now that is a great response. And it make perfect sense. I obviously
bought, what to me seemed the better boat for my price range. Yes, I
looked at bigger boats(26 - 28') but I felt the one I picked was a
better boat in terms of condition and price range. I was sticker shocked
when I first stepped into the show. The boat I want is $350,000.00
Yeah right, that will never happen. The SeaRay seemed real big out of
the water, and seems even bigger in my driveway. But when you put it in
the water and fill it with a weekends worth of gear. All of a sudden
there is no room. I guess it is make do with what I can afford. In a few
more years my girls will be off to college. Maybe there will be more
room then. Thanks for the response.