posted to rec.boats.paddle
Edwin Johnson Edwin Johnson is offline

Default Does anyone come here to talk about boating?

On 2016-01-18, John Kuthe wrote:
Let's take this group back then!!

Any participants? I don't even get out and boat nearly as much as I used
to between 1994 and 2003ish when I decided to change careers again and
became an RN. But I still love boating/kayaking like a sin! :-)

Not much here in the way of boating any longer. I've been perusing this
group for many years and used to to a lot of float trips (only about class
II) down the wonderful rivers in OK, AR, MO, and a few in TX and LA. Still
have the kayak (Foldbot 2-place, 16ft) but haven't had it out in a few years.

Mothra showed up a month or so ago and posted an article and we had a few
exchanges. You may remember her in posts here and also Paddlewise. She was a
musician and avid paddler. She has written a book, "River Run: Adventures on
the Edge of Elightenment", her full name, Kathryn 'Mothra' Streletzky. The
book centers around Scott Bristow's death and her experiences as a paddler.

I bought the e-book version and it did bring back memories of the group here
as it used to be.

....Edwin
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://www.kd5zlb.org