Wilko

Default Western US vs West Virginia Rafting

wrote:
I'd like you western folk to let me know how your whitewater trips
differ from ours back east. As a basis for comparison, here is how a
trip down the Lower Gualey in WV started out....

snip
night's rest, we loaded on to a 50 year old school bus with other
rafting groups and headed down to the lower. the first rapid we went
over was a class V.

The first rapid on the Lower Gauley is a class V? puzzled look
If that was the correct rating, at what horrendous water level did you
run it? IIRC the time I ran it, there was no class V rapid on the
*entire* Lower Gauley...

--
Wilko van den Bergh Wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe