Peter H

Default life jackets

Mary Malmros wrote:

Peter H writes:

Mary Malmros wrote:

Yup, I was also thinking that what extras -- pockets, lash tabs,
handwarmy thingies, etc. -- are desirable, and how they're
configured, depends a lot on how you'll be using it.

I feel this is examining the situation too closely. But it always comes
down to the circumstances at hand.

Seems to me that those two sentences contradict each other.

Actually, they were meant to be complimentary. For most folks, the
"extras" in the previous post just aren't necessary; they want
functionality (bouancy) and need nothing else.

If it
comes down to the circumstances at hand, then those circumstances
are worth examining with a thought to choosing the most appropriate
tool -- especially since you'll probabl slap down $100 for it, and
especially since it may have to save your life.

Pockets, lash tabs, etc., may be desireable for some, but they're not
crucial to the PFD's prime role of affording bouancy.

Pete H

--
Men will confess to treason, arson, false teeth
or a wig; how many will admit a lack of humor?