Peggie Hall

Default Virus Update- Is your name on the list?

Doug Kanter wrote:
The SWEN-laden messages I'm getting have so far come from 218 different
addresses. How does Mailwasher deal with this? Seems to complicated for a
blacklisting scheme.

Find the identical element in the return address or subject line, add it
to the blacklist as a "wildcard" expression. Then mailwasher knows to
automatically delete and bounce all mail that has that element in it.

In the options, you can also choose for it to automatically delete and
bounce anything on the Spamcop, ORDB and VISI spam lists. It then adds
those email addresses to your blacklist...you can go in and edit that to
create wildcards.

For instance...there's a spammer who seems to like to use names of
metals in his return etc. So
I've created wildcards to bounce anything from from
(the asterisks represent 0-any characters).
Haven't actually seen another one from that source since I figured it out.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html