Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default opencpn on android (review?)

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 07:15:26 +0000 (UTC), JohnF
wrote:

Anybody use (or just try out)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...encpn&hl=en_GB
the android port of http://opencpn.org/ocpn/ ( tablet versions
briefly discussed at http://opencpn.org/ocpn/touch_tablet ) ?
What did you think???
Reviews on google store seem overall pretty good, but kind of sketchy.
Thanks,

===

I've been using OpenCPN on laptops for several years now and like it
quite a bit. It has replaced Maptech Offshore Navigator as my primary
charting package onboard our trawler.

I have not tried OpenCPN on Android yet since I don't have an Android
device big enough to be useful. I know others are using it however
and there's an ongoing discussion group on the Cruiser's Forum web
site. On my Android cell phone I use the Navionics package which
comes with extensive charting for a very reasonable price. That has
become useful for exploring in the dinghy, especially in the Bahamas
where good quality electronic charts are otherwise hard to come by.