Michael Bolton

Default Looking for that upgade to the oc-1 ww

(Jim) wrote in message . com...

Jim,
To me the Shaman doesn't quite feel as "spinny" as say the Outrage or
Rival, but it's somewhat deceptive as I've had no problem catching
really small eddies. I found the Outrage X to feel more like a bigger
boat after hopping out of my Shaman, but it too still paddles awfully
nice.
The Shaman is really stable and comfortable crossing weird currents,
running through turbulent water, etc. To me it's one of the most
stable feeling WW OC-1s, yet it doesn't give up in the performance
end. I guess it can be a bit wet, although I'm not sure if it'd be any
wetter than any of the others you've mentioned (except maybe the
Ovation. It's incredibly quick for its size. I'm surprised it's not a
more popular boat. Harold Deal is really nice to talk to about it if
you have technical questions.

I don't have too much experience in the Ovation. I've only paddled one
twice for short stretches. It felt very stable but somewhat sluggish.
I paddled with some friends this summer, and the guy in the Ovation
seemed to have a harder time attaining some of the waves...but some of
that was paddler skill too.
Personally, I'd get an Ocoee over the Ovation as it feels waayyy
sportier, and learning to get used to the edge. It offers much more
performance and fun.

But for a boat that is playful but can still carry some gear, I'd
definately give the Shaman a look..or talk to Craig at Mohawk or
Harold Deal!

Good Luck,
Mike