Jim

Default Looking for that upgade to the oc-1 ww

(Michael Bolton) wrote in message

Take a look at the Shaman as well if you can. It's quite fast...nice
on those flat stretches, plenty manueverable, surprisingly stable for
it's width...yet playful, is incredible for attainments, and has size
to carry some gear without losing to much performance.
Mike

Mike, thanks for the recomendation. I've looked at alot of boats, but
for some reason hadn't taken the time to read about the Shaman. Now
that I've looked into it, this seems like a great boat. I've been a
little cautious about what skill level is associated with my next
boat, and now that I've learned a little about some of the techniques
associated with a whitewater paddling (weight shifts for efficient
maneuvering, paddling techniques, etc.) I realize that while I do like
stability, I do also want to take my paddling to the next level.
Sounds like this boat will allow for the traditional maneuvering
techniques and still be somewhat stable. Do you know how it compares
in stability to the Ovation? And I guess I'm still a little concerned
about how dry it will be.