[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default And so it starts...

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 21:51:21 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 17:57:38 -0500,

wrote:

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 16:15:42 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 10:35:06 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Registration requires only your name, address, and e-mail address; and can
be done on-line.

I wonder how many people could register as "John Smith, 1600
Pennsylvania avenue Washington DC and Noneofurbizxxxx@hotmail or some
other free server"

Are they really going to do any kind of background check or
verification on the application? Mo money, Mo money

===

Being untruthful with the government is probably not a good idea. The
penalties for that can be far worse than those for flying an
unregistered plane.

Again, how many people would it take to catch anyone?
Anonymous Email accounts, public hot spots etc.
We are having trouble tracking terrorists with virtually unlimited
resources being thrown at the hunt

Mo money Mo money

Again what was wrong with the idea of just filing criminal charges
against anyone who interferes with aircraft?
That should already be something they can do within the current
infrastructure. If they don't actually catch the guy with the
controller in his hand, they don't have much anyway.

A decent lawyer will blow away any case built on a number scratched on
a drone that you can deny ever seeing if they can't place you at the
scene. (not my drone, lost that drone last year, sold it on craigs
list a year ago, threw it in the trash etc)
Bear in mind, the drone itself is not even registered.

===

I view the whole thing as a make work excercise to appease the
complaining pilots who have not yet seen an actual threat, nor are
they likely to.

Lying to the feds is always a bad idea however. That's how they turn
suspects into real criminals.