Jim

Default Looking for that upgade to the oc-1 ww

Very cool photos, Pepe. Nice presentation of them, too. Really cool
to hear from a fellow Lola paddler. Yes, the old "Appy" has fallen
off the Edge of the World many times. I've only owned a boat for a
year, but have been paddling with my friend and his
16'-i-don't-know-what for several years, although I've paddled much
more frequently in the past year. I wouldn't call myself a "better
man," though, because it's quite the contrary. We started young and
were too dumb to know better. So I've pretty much mastered the Edge
in a large boat just out of foolishness. You should have seen that
big ole thing on Bull Sluice and Jarrod's Knee...must have been quite
a sight judging from people's reactions. But it is a very very stable
boat.
I too considered the OutrageX. It looks ideal. But after I thought
more about it, I decided that I would probably still take the old Appy
on overnighters and maybe get a Probe 12 II and use it on my day
trips. The probe seems like it would still be a pretty good ride
after the rapids are over and I settle into the Etowah portion of the
lower Lola. I know I should paddle a few different types of boats at
the Nanny, and maybe I will, but I don't get up that far north very
often and I'm getting a little anxious for a smaller boat.
Thanks for the input.