scottht

Default Winterizing myself?

I was planning on taking this project myself. I have the same drive
system as you. For the heck of it I stopped by my local boat shop today
and got a price of $275 to winterize, shrinkwrap and store for the
season. I think for that price I will leave this to the pro's.

werlax wrote:

It seems that everyone knows someone who has wrecked an engine by
improper winterizing. I was planning on just following the Mercruiser
engine manual and their recommended procedure. Having mentioned that
to a couple of friends, and their reaction, makes me wonder if there
is something that I should be aware of? Is this all just a mystique
perpetrated to get our money into the pockets of the marinas?
Should I do some additional reading at a URL or should the manual be
enough? For reference, the engine is a Mercruiser 4.3L I/O.
Thanks for any help!