Wilko

Default Comparison: Wavesport Super EZ and Necky Bliss

(KAYAKFAN) wrote in message ...
The Bliss is 8.0' to the 7.0' for the Wavesport. How will they compare in
river running and at the ocean? The longer boat will track, I guess, and the
shorter one is better for tricks? What are the other differences, say in the
rails and how they carve turns? Which is "friendlier" for someone used to an
ocean boat? Both are for bigger paddlers, they say. I am 5'-10" and 220 lbs.

Also being 220 lbs (100 kg), I didn't like the Super EZ for "tricks".
I found it having too much volume for that. For ocean paddling, it's
incredibly slow, unless you mean surfing in the coastal surf. It
handles surfing rather well, but there are boats that handle surfing a
lot better. I haven't got a clue as to how the Necky Bliss handles...

After trying out all kinds of boats (mainly for size) I recently
bought a Bliss-Sticks "Flip Stick" instead. It's almost as roomy as
the Super EZ, but it is a lot more suited for playboating. The
afternoon we spent in the surf, about two weekends ago, showed me how
much fun this boat was (especially when compared to my previous big
person's playboat, the Eskimo Quadro).

The only bad thing about the new playboats is that playing cen just be
too much fun, so you'll end up doing too much of it, getting sore in
places where you didn't even knew you had muscles. :-)

Wilko

--

Wilko van den Bergh

Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.
http://wilko.webzone.ru/