John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Interesting Uber ride

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 4:06:10 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/5/2015 3:33 PM, True North wrote:
Mr. Luddite
"That was the Century ... likely on it's way to your house for repairs. :-)

That thing was a heavy boat. Probably water logged. The trailer had
surge brakes that didn't work. I was leaving Scituate, coming down to
the stop sign at the end of the Driftway (before they put to rotary in)
and tried to stop. Fortunately I wasn't going fast because the stupid
boat pushed the Ram halfway out into the intersection."

A couple of years ago when I was towing my new boat, which was 500 pounds over the RAV4's rating, I was attacked and ridiculed by a number of the motley crew in here. One especially short one threatened to kill me if I injured one of his family members, even though I lived over a thousand miles from him and hadn't been over the border in at least 25 years.
Quite the bunch of dandies we suffer in this group.

I don't know of anyone who hasn't broken some rules once in a while in life.

In the situation I described (above), I had no clue the
surge brakes weren't working. They don't actuate without the weight of
the boat on it, so I didn't notice anything was wrong on the drive to
the marina to pick up the boat. Even if I had known though, I probably
would have still taken a chance to get it home or where ever I was
taking it. It's not like I was towing it a hundred miles.

Gosh, 'attacked and ridiculed' ...such heartrending melodrama!

There's a difference between unknowingly doing something dangerous, and tempting fate by purposely exceeding limitations. I could never get the surge brakes on the trailer with the ProLine to work properly. That's another reason I went to a much lighter boat. No surge brakes to worry with.