Default Interesting Uber ride

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 09:46:51 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

that was a few years ago when I was doing a lot more with trucks
(hauling and towing) than I do now.

I have always had X150s except for the Suburban and the SUVs (not
really trucks anyway).
I loaded them like they were bigger though occasionally
I really had my first E150 heavy a number of times. The most often was
when I was running the paper recycling for IBM. I have had it pretty
much stuffed with boxes of used computer paper. One time it was almost
a ton and a half of paper.

The guy running the scales was shocked. I walked away with about $150
They had "coffee money" for quite a while

I brought home 7 squares of roofing once too. That was a pretty good
load. I carried it all up the steps, through the house, up a ladder on
the back deck and up to the roof. I was younger then ;-)

This little Explorer we have now gets a workout now and then too, like
a pallet of sod, a pallet of mulch or a pallet of tile.
Just go slow and be sure there is nothing in front of you too close so
you can stop.

I brought 14 80 pound bags of concrete and 10 2x4s home in my LeBaron
once tho. I punched up "low rider" on my MP3 player and got a laugh
out of the Mexicans at Home Depot.