Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Interesting Uber ride

On 12/3/2015 12:38 PM, Justan Olphart wrote:
On 12/2/2015 4:58 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 08:09:12 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

Did you drive the Honda 90 MPH down US 75?

===

On occasion, more often 80 to 85. The car was always very solid at
that kind of speed - good tires of course, and everything in balance.

Europeans drive that fast all the time even faster in Germany. The
US, particularly the eastern states, has always been more sedate. I
see signs of change however. At one time anything over 70 would get
you a guaranteed ticket on the New York State Thruway. Nowadays a lot
of people are running 75+.

I trained my petal foot to think about safety and fuel economy. That
usually means at or under the speed limit.

I've driven on the Autobahn in Germany and also on the Autostrata in
Italy. You can't compare Rt I-95 anywhere to either one. This was
back in the 70's though, so maybe things have changed.