Gary S.

Default Whalewatchin VHF channel in San Juans?

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:53:26 GMT, wrote:

On 7 Jul 2004 12:06:26 -0700,
(Mike Wagenbach)
wrote:

Do the whalewatching boats in the San Juans use a standard channel to
communicate? My understanding is that they cooperate so the industry
as a whole is more successful, and it would be handy to listen in when
sailing or kayaking.

My understanding is they pool for a spotter plane. I don't know if
that would affect channel options.

I don't think planes would normally use marine frequencies.

Use of a plane opens up a number of other possibilities, not all of
which would be easily accessible. Very reasonably, they could try to
restrict access to only those who have paid for it.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA