Gary S.

Default Floating dock

On 3 Jul 2004 16:17:06 -0700, (jerryuu) wrote:

Does anybody have plans for (or ideas on how to construct) a floating
dock that we can use for entering and exiting our kayaks? We live on
a canal which has a concrete seawall and we have a small dock. The
water at high tide is 6-7 feet and low tide is 2-3 feet less.

One volunteer thing I do is to help with the Head of the Charles
Regatta each October between Boston and Cambridge, MA.

This event draws thousands of scullers and rowers, and many hundreds
of crew shells, and an assortment of support boats.

They set up various temporary docks, made of black plastic hollow
blocks, which interlock to make various larger sections.

A little Googling and I found a webpage for the one I was thinking of:

http://www.jetdock.com/

I'm sure there are other brands, but that should get you started.

HTH,
Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA