KAYAKFAN

Default P&H Kayaks? (Good news)

I have had nothing but good luck with the P&H Roto Capella I've had. It packs
a lot and rolls easily. I am sure it could do a lot more than what I put it
through.

My friends have different P&H boats and they are happy with theirs. Two guys
(one a VERY accomplished paddler) have the Sirius and another has the Quest.
My "expert" friend would say "go Brittish," regardless. That's one considered
opinion, anyway.

I didn't like the Quest as much as my Capella because it sat too high, but it
is a solid pack horse. I don't fit in the Sirius but it is a sleek and fast
boat. It tracks better than the Capella and (I would think) the Quest. It
seems the Quest is really just a big Capella.

There is a new boat, the Bahiya, that is more traditional with its hard chined
look. I have a boat like that and it has a different feel that takes some
getting used to. I imagine it would carve turns really well.

I WILL say that P&H has given me nothing but outstanding customer support.
They made good on a keeper issue I had and answered some questions about skeg
cables.

Anyway, look around. There's a lot out there.

Mike Goodman
High Point, NC