Lloyd Bowles

Default Wheels for a canoe

"Carlos Bill" wrote in message
om...
Just wondering if anyone has tried or would know where to begin
searching for a way to permanently place wheels on a canoe to make it
easier to transport. I know they make canoe carriers with wheels but
having them permantly attached would be much easier for many reasons.

The wheels would have to sit high when you are on the water & would raise
the center of gravity. Stability would be affected & you'd still find it
awkward to load.

I have an Old Town Discovery 174 that weighs 82lbs. It's impossible to
get onto my roof rack alone. Having wheels attached to one of the ends
of the canoe on the top would allow me to flip it over, pick up the
other end and roll it.

A much simpler way would be to replace the Discovery with a much lighter
canoe that you can lift. Problem is, the lighter the canoe, the higher the
price.

Lloyd Bowles
www.madcanoeist.4ever.cc