John

Default Wheels for a canoe

"Carlos Bill" wrote in message
om...
Just wondering if anyone has tried or would know where to begin
searching for a way to permanently place wheels on a canoe to make it
easier to transport. I know they make canoe carriers with wheels but
having them permantly attached would be much easier for many reasons.
I have an Old Town Discovery 174 that weighs 82lbs. It's impossible to
get onto my roof rack alone. Having wheels attached to one of the ends
of the canoe on the top would allow me to flip it over, pick up the
other end and roll it. I don't know much about the construction except
that it uses a material called Superlink 3 I think. If you might be
able to give me an idea I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Carlos

You might try this link for Spring Creek Manufacturing:
http://www.canoegear.com/wheels.html

I have no affiliation or personal experience with this company. I do not
endorse nor condemn thier products or services.

They literally have thousands of pounds of stuff you can bolt to a canoe. I
sympathize as I have a 17' Lund at 82 lbs also.

www.canoegear.com
This is the home page which show the thousands of pounds of stuff that can
be added to a canoe.

'Good luck:
John