Default Good surf/swim shorts to buy?

The North Face makes a nice basic trunk called the Class V.. and if you're
kayaking EMS makes one called the Whitewater short that has no zippers in
the back to make them comfy sitting in a boat all day.

I work at EMS, so take anything I say with a grain of salt

OK thanks

Well Im waiting til the last minute to get ready for
this trip naturally. g Im leaving in abt 10 days

But Im in need of some kind of shorts that is
"ampibious"...something I can wear as daily wear on the
street or on land when hiking.... but swim in as well.
That way i wont have to pack two diff kinds of shorts.