Jon C

Default How far to kayak in a day?

Depends on the kayak and the paddler. A good number to plan around for 20,
or 25 for an 8 hour period, a bit less if you're not in a touring kinda
kayak or are a weak paddler. With a decent boat it's easy to sustain about
3.5, maybe 4, mph for a long period of time.

Jon

"Lord Nerd on High" wrote in message
Just wondering what the average distance one could kayak in day, or rather
eight hour period? Nothing too intense and under normal weather

conditions.
With hiking it's about 10 miles, biking is about 40 miles. Is kayaking
somewhere in between?

My friends and I were thinking of kayaking on Lake Champlaign in Vermont

this
summer and part of the plan would be to kayak up to some of the norther

islands
that allow for camping. I guess I'm just trying to figure out how far

south we
have to be to provide a good day's journey, though nothing that would wipe

out
inexperienced, yet fit, 32 year olds.

==
remove the crap to email