Paul Cassel[_2_] Paul Cassel[_2_] is offline

Default Poor Skippy!

On 11/3/2015 3:55 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 23:18:18 -0500,

wrote:

Years ago a couple of Brits crossed in an 18 ft. boat and I suspect
that even smaller have by now.

I asked the Hungarian about crossing large bodies of water and he said
something that (I suspect) most people don't think about. He said that
carrying enough food and water meant he had to sleep in the cockpit
for the first part of any crossing because the cabin was full of food,
water and supplies. When I saw him in Phuket, and I'm sure that he had
only come up from Singapore, there was just about enough room in the
cabin to lay down on the floor :-)
--

The Brits have an informal class of small boats which do long ocean
voyages. They're called cockleshell boats and resemble a large row boat

I met a guy with such a boat. He'd sailed from Vancouver, BC to SoCal.
He had no issues sailing anywhere in the world in his little wooden craft.

-paul

---