Gene Cosloy

Default Chatham

(two_k2003) wrote in message . com...
Hi All -

Anyone know if Necky plans on putting out a Chatham 17?
I know they have a 16 (only 20 inches wide), and an
18 (which might be a wee bit longer than what I wanted).

I heard the 16 was snug (I'm 6', 220lbs)
Also does anyone know the max capacity for either?

Thanks,
TwoK

Necky's plans for a 17 apparently are for a low volume boat.
(according to Alan Edson, one of the designer's of the material ACC
used to build the boats.) The 16 which is really 16.5" long has a very
narrow width cockpit combing. The 18 which is closer to 17'7" has the
same specification for cockpit but it is in fact larger. by the way
the 16 is 22" beam and the 18 is 20" beam. If you don't fit in the 16,
you might in the 18. The cockpits of both have considerably more room,
it's just the combing that is so restrictive in the 16. I paddled both
and thought the 16 was wonderful, but had trouble getting out of the
combing. I'm 5'10" and 175lbs.

Gene