Keyser Söze Keyser Söze is offline

Default What job do you think...

On 10/22/15 2:45 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 13:53:14 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/22/15 1:48 PM, True North wrote:
Trains.......
We used to have 2 a day to Montreal.....then it was cut in half to 1, and now it's down to 3 days a week.
Cape Breton is losing all trains, yet they want to develop a container pier to take some of Halifax business. The federal gov't has already chipped in to dredge Sydney's harbour.
Newfoundland lost it's narrow gauge railway in the late '60s. Pretty well all the spur lines have been abandoned or converted to 'rails to trails.
Trouble is..the entire Atlantic region of Eastern Canada ( 4 provinces) only has about 2 million people.

We've taken the sleeper train four times to Florida and back. It takes
about the same time as driving by car, plus you get two good meals, a
private compartment, and bunk beds. The downside is that the trackage is
so ****ty and there are so many unprotected crossings that the bumpy
ride and train whistle noise make it difficult to get and stay asleep.

We fly when we have to, but neither of us like it.

Buy a decent ticket and flying can be enjoyable.

The sleeper car costs more than first class on that trip, if memory
serves. Flying is not enjoyable to us, no matter where we sit.