Default What job do you think...

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 15:58:26 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/21/15 3:15 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:45:12 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

...Joe Biden will be offered in Hillary Clinton's administration?

I've heard Secretary of State mentioned, but I don't think he wants the
"frequent flyer" miles.

Director of Amtrak? Maybe he can straighten out that debacle. He
certainly has plenty of experience as a rider.

Perhaps he can start by seizing CSX's trackage and modernizing it,
someone CSX has little incentive to do with its slow freight trains.

They have no real need to do it. CSX is a freight company and the
tracks are fine for moving relatively slow freight trains.

Is the government going to buy that track or do you just want a 3d
world "taking"? I suppose we could just trim a little bit off the
constitution.
I am not even sure why they would want to. How much tax money do you
want to waste on this project?
Passenger rail is a boondoggle that does not really make sense once
you get away from the heavily populated North East.

We have a few northerners who came down here and want them to build a
high speed train line from Ft Myers to Bonita (where track already
exists) or Naples.
They haven't really explained how they will get all of those gated
communities the current tracks go through to agree or how they will
deal with 50 grade crossings.
The speed limit on the existing line is 10-15 MPH, mostly for safety
and noise concerns. The track itself would support twice that.