Default More beater boat stuff

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 06:22:20 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Ryan, when the Wabash river is up in the spring, you can boat from Vincennes Indiana all the way up to Terre Haute. Which is over 50 miles. And if you really want to be adventurous you can go all the way up to Ft. Wayne Indiana close to the start of the river.
It's nothing like the Ohio or Mississippi, but it's really nice.
The Wabash flows about 10 mph when it's high. So that's a consideration too.

As long as you are going up river and you carry 2 tanks, you have a
built in reserve. If you run one dry and you will have plenty of gas
to get home on the other because you are not fighting that current.
I assume there are some places to get gas along the way anyhow but it
is going to be more expensive on the water than on land.

I did get low on gas once in my little flat bottom boat, pretty far
from home but I just figured I could get some at a marina on Ft Myers
Beach. Unfortunately it was closed so I ended up walking to a 7-11.
They didn't have TCW-3 oil but they did have non detergent 30w so that
was how I got home. I doubt my old 7.5 HP Merc ever noticed the
difference. I did start carrying oil after that.