Tim Tim is offline

Default More beater boat stuff

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:01:22 -0700 (PDT), Tim
===

I'm curious how you will hook up the two fuel tanks and/or manage the
switch over. If you draw from both tanks simultaneously, there is a
very real possibility that one tank will run out before the other.
When that happens you will draw air from the empty and the engine will
shut down even though the other tank still has fuel. What I've most
often seen is quick connects on each tank and a single feed hose. When
one tank runs out or gets low, you just move the feed hose to the
other tank.
Good question Wayne. I should have clarified that I won't be drawing both sotaniously. That's my bad.
Fuel transfer solenoid a are in expensive, so I thought of running one tank for a bit. Then switching to the other and back and forth etc.
Can manually do the same with a 3-way ball valve too.
On such a small craft, carrying 150lb in in fuel, I'd like to keep even trim as much as I can. Kind of a pain but doable. Can't use bottom fed fuel tanks on gasoline marine.
I wish I could.