tom

Default All Around Kayak for beginner?

i agree on the WILDERNESS SYSTEMS ,but try the cape horn also ive had mine
for a year now , and i love it .
just my 2 cents worth.
"Jon C" wrote in message
After having just taken one out this weekend on a 20-something mile

paddle,
I'm a big fan of the Wilderness Systems Cape Lookout series. Lots of
stability, good enough speed to keep up, well mannered even with a couple
feet of chop. The 155 seems to have plenty of space for a weekend, and

the
standard outfitting is super comfy. The Dagger Charleston is a nice one,
too.

"Double_J" wrote in message
I should know better to ask such a broad question, but is there any
concensus regarding which brand/make of kayak is a good starter boat

with
weekend touring ability?

Any must have design options I should consider?

jdj