Te Canaille

Default replacing gel coat

wrote in message ...
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:07:31 -0500, "Te Canaille"
wrote:

He replied because he was trying to be helpful to your original post.
You could try thanking him, even though he couldn't read your mind
well enough to know your exact concern and had only your own words to
go on.

You need to go one post further back in which I thanked Mike first then asked about scratches as seen below for your convenience :

"Thanks for the reply. I reckon epoxy paint will go well on many surfaces, but if specifically for fiberglass then the question
becomes how well will it do on gelcoat ? If adhesion is not a question, then how well will it handle scratches ( will the blue show
thorough any scratches ) ?"

At this point he knew about my concerns but replied with a sarcasm and an assumption that no one should care about scratches as he
does ( see below ). Different people have different styles and it's not his place to admonish anyone for their own reasons and
suggest his way is the only valid viewpoint. He is not the god of paddling.

Heck, why does everyone worry so much about scratches - they're
a fact of life in paddling. Paddle and once you accumulate enough
scratches and gouges, fix them and get on with your life.

Scratches... sheesh!

Mike