Default replacing gel coat

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:07:31 -0500, "Te Canaille"
wrote:

Gee sorry to bother you Mike but scratches is the reason I'm looking to re do my hull and if that worries you then why reply in
the first place. I'm not to anxious to spend a lot of time and money to get rid of one color scratches just to replace them with
others.
Fact is this hull is a loaner used in fla****er instruction clinics and it needs to look sharp.

Te Canaille

You didn't mention that it was scratches you were trying to get rid of
in the first place. May have seemed obvious to you, but left it open
for answering just your basic question. Many of us think nothing of
scratches unless they harm the fiber of the boat. For all we knew,
you just wanted a more fashionable colour.

However, if you take his well meant advice and epoxy it, you can then
just put some of the same colour over any new scratches. Have them
mix you several small cans of paint so you won't have to worry about
colour matching next time.

He replied because he was trying to be helpful to your original post.
You could try thanking him, even though he couldn't read your mind
well enough to know your exact concern and had only your own words to
go on.

"Michael Daly" wrote in message ...
On 7-Jun-2004, "Te Canaille" wrote:

how well will it handle scratches ( will the blue show
thorough any scratches ) ?

It's paint, not diamond. Of course scratches will show the blue
if deep enough.

Heck, why does everyone worry so much about scratches - they're
a fact of life in paddling. Paddle and once you accumulate enough
scratches and gouges, fix them and get on with your life.

Scratches... sheesh!

Mike

--
rbc: vixen Fairly harmless

Hit reply to email. But strip out the 'invalid.'
Though I'm very slow to respond.
http://www.visi.com/~cyli