Blakely LaCroix

Default Removable permit stickers

I run into this problem with my inflatables. Minneosota requires licensing and
display of the license on each boat. In the beginning, I naively pasted my
stickers on to my IK and raft, only to watch them peel off, get abraded into
obscurity, and have to file for duplicates.

I used to carry all of my licenses in a pouch in the top of my paddling hat,
but after losing the hat one year, I had to adopt a better method.

I solved this problem by laminating the sticker and attaching it with a cable
tie to the grab loop on the kayak and a front D ring on the raft. It was
permanent in the sense it needed to be cut off to move it. Since I do license
every boat, I had no reason to move the tag, but did make it much easier to
maintain.

If I buy a State Park permit sticker, the rangers like to see it attached to
the windshield before I drive off, or sometimes, they will attach it. I have
solved this problem, by buying two. One gets attached to my vehicle, and the
other I take home to put on a 3 x 3 inch square of soft vinyl which I can stick
on to the lower corner of the windshield of my choice. This works really well
for the second car in a shuttle when taking new or non-paddling people out for
a day.

Blakely

Blakely LaCroix
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.