John-news-group

Default Open Canoeing in the Lake District, UK

On 27 May 2004 14:32:21 -0700, (Daddycanoer)
wrote:

Hi,

I am new to the group.

We enjoy holidaying in the Lake District every summer and have just
acquired a Canadian Open Canoe (a Coleman Explorer 166). I would be
grateful if anybody could kindly assist me, via this forum only
please, with the following queries:

1. Do I need a licence in order to go canoeing in the lakes and rivers
within the Lake District National Park? If so, what is the cost of
this and where would I need to go in order to purchase a licence?

2. How easy is it to find a suitable place to launch at any of the
main lakes and are there any guides available to assist us in deciding
where to go?

Hi Daddy

go to
http://www.bcu.org.uk/