John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default CNN on Shooter Mental Health

On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 10:55:23 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

John H. wrote:

"There are no tests to identify the mental psychopathy which would cause the
(shooter) behavior."

Are you certain about that? Any such testing could run afoul of our precious
First Amendment rights. When does freedom of eccentric speech qualify one
for a hold on gun purchases? And what's the difference between someone who
thinks the neighbor's dog told them to do something and an invisible being
in the sky?

The complete post was a quote from CNN, interviewing a psychiatrist.

Am I certain? No. But he seemed a knowledgeable sort, wasn't bashing Republicans, had
a 'Doctor' title, and was quite believable.

I added the rest of the sentence to your 'quote' for clarity.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!