Default CNN on Shooter Mental Health

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 10:10:53 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 10/8/15 9:56 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/8/2015 9:07 AM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 08:45:07 -0400,

First, my older son's daughter's boyfriend committed suicide Sept 30th
by shooting himself in the head with a gun. They were both JR's in high
school in SC and had been dating for several months. My granddaugher
was admitted to a mental health facility to get help
with this. Apparently her boyfriend had been depressed or had some
issues and she had been trying to help him overcome them. The
authorities sought and recovered all their text messages on their
respective cell phones.

Were the young man's parents "helping" him find ways to deal with his
depression? Was he in counseling? Who diagnosed him as being
"depressed"? Was the firearm he used in the possession of his parents?
If so, why wasn't it kept locked up, especially if the family had a kid
suffering from depression?

My nephew was suffering from depression and the family went out of
their way to rid the house of anything dangerous that they could think
of. He hanged himself from a tree.,