MLL

Default Royalex maintenance

"Mountain Dave" wrote in message
Greetings,

Picked up a used Old Town Royalex canoe recently and am looking for good
maintenance tips. One chip on outer skin to repair, any advice on

polishing
surface? Wooden gunwhales appears to have some aging that I wonder if I
approach the way I would with a wooden deck...strip, rewaterproof. I

won't
spend 100's of hours for maintenance, what is most effective use of time

maintain?

Dave

If the chip is deep, clean it, alcohol it, then fill with a bit of epoxy.
Krylon paint works great on Royalex and offers some protection from UV.
Lightly sand the gunwales and then use Watco on them. It's simple and
they'll look brand new.
Keep it simple.