Ken

Default dog training advice?

.... and don't forget the Frontline --- to keep the ticks off.

"CG" wrote in message
om...
Hello. I'm new to canoeing and would like to train my dog to come
along. Right now I'm going tandem, and mostly in the front of the boat
although I'm beginnning to spend more time in the back. My dog is 8
years old, about 50 pounds, healthy, a good swimmer, and fairly well
trained in general. She'll be wearing a life jacket. Can anyone
provide, or point me to, advice on how to train her to get in and out
of the canoe and to stay low and centered while there? Is there a way
for her to get out in the middle of the water for a swim and back in
without tipping us? And is there anything else I should be thinking
about? We haven't tried yet, and my more experienced partner has a
bias against swimming ;-}. Thanks - Carol