AConst

Default dog training advice?

The key is to give them something to provide traction in the bottom of the
boat. Dogs tend to be skittish if they are slipping around on the bottom of a
royalex canoe. I use a rubber mat with a carpet top. This allows her to hop
in and out with no problem. The canine PFD I use has a grab handle on the back
which allows me to lift her out of water like a suitcase when we are in open
water. As for keeping your dog
from jumping around just keep correcting them and they will learn. Just don't
get frustrated, it takes time. You want to be sure they have fun and they will
be great to have along. One last thing. I always keep a short leash handy to
control my dog when we land. But DO NOT keep the dog leashed in the canoe. In
case of a capsize
entanglement is a real risk. Hope this helps.